It might have been over a week ago that the Ohio State Buckeyes shocked the college football world by capturing the first championship in the college football playoff era.
This week on the Buckeye Battle Cry Radio Hour, we welcome Ben Axelrod to the show to break down the latest happenings surrounding the Ohio State football program.
You can find Ben’s coverage of Ohio State football at Bleacher Report, where he serves as the Ohio State lead writer. You can also hear him on the airwaves in Columbus on 99.5 The Game.
Ben and I discussed a ton of topics swirling around campus, including but not limited to
- Cardale Jones’ decision to return to Ohio State and how it impacts the program
- How the perception of Urban Meyer is different since his last championship.
- Could Braxton Miller switch positions? Ben thinks it’s more likely than the former B1G offensive player of the year transferring to a different school
- Is Ezekiel Elliot a front runner for the 2015 Heisman Trophy? We also discuss if there has been a running back that has improved as drastically as EZE did throughout his sophomore campaign.
- Ed Warinner is heralded by Buckeye Nation for what he’s done with Ohio State’s offensive line over the last two seasons. Yet the question still has to be raised. Can put together an effective offensive gameplan.
- Ben and Joe also discuss where the Buckeye coaching staff ranks in the national spectrum and how well of a job assistants have done improving players.
Ben wraps up the show by discussing what players from this year’s championship squad would make great wrestlers.
And one coach who obviously should be a manager under the Vince umbrella.
Speaking of the show, I’d like to remind you that you can always find us on iTunes! Soon, you’ll also be able to find us on Buckeye Sports Radio. Feel free to rate our show on iTunes and also leave a comment!
To download the show directly, click here. To listen directly on this site, click play below.
Thanks for listening and as always, GO BUCKEYES!!