What is up Buckeye Nation? Welcome back to another edition of tBBC Radio Hour.
This week, Mike Doty and Joe Dexter are joined by a very special guest of Buckeye past, as former Ohio State defensive back Marlon Kerner swings by to share his great story.
A quarterback at Brookhaven High School, Kerner committed to Ohio State at defensive back, despite never playing the position at the high school level.
The 3rd round selection of the Buffalo Bills in 1994 shared a ton with us about his football career and the guys he played with.
Kerner told Doty and Dexter about his upbringing and the recruiting process that ended in his commitment to Ohio State.
He also tells us:
- Who the fastest, strongest and funniest Buckeyes he ever played with were.
- His experience with John Cooper and where he ranks him among Buckeye coaches
- How fellow class of 91 DB Walter Taylor could of been the best pro of his Buckeye tenure, but how he gave up fame for family.
- What it was like playing alongside so many great Buckeyes.
- His NFL debut against John Elway and the great Bills players that were his teammates.
- How he feels about the current NCAA Playoff system
- His special teams plays and interception in 1993 that nearly propelled the Buckeyes to the Rose Bowl
And SO much more.
Thanks again to Marlon Kerner for swinging by, It was a pleasure talking to him.
As always, you can find our show on iTunes. Feel free to rate our show on iTunes and also leave a comment!
To download the show directly, click here. To listen, click play below.
Thanks again for listening and as always, GO BUCKEYES!